March 18, 2013

Stay At Gaylord Resort In Nashville And Pink Concert

Yes, there is an actual hotel that is called the Gaylord. Yes, some man sat there one day and thought that name up. No, I have no clue why someone would name a hotel the Gaylord. Yes, the Gaylord is basically 5 mini cities combined into one huge hotel covered in a bubble of glass. Yes, it is crazy expensive. Yes, people talk in funny southern accents.

What a fun trip though! My husband recently brought me along to one of his business escapades to Nashville, TN. I like to say it Naaaaaashville.

When I say this hotel is huge I'm talking HUUUGEEE. There are 5 enormous, glass covered atriums with mini jungles and waterfalls inside of them, over 20 restaurants, indoor and outdoors pools, an indoor river that you can ride boats on, I can go on but I'll stop there. You get the point. With so much to do and see at this hotel I didn't even venture out of the glass bubble for my entire stay.

It took approxamitely 2.5 hours to walk to my room from the main lobby (exxagertaing a bit) but there was a nice little cafe right next to my room where I ate at pretty much every morning. I was being pretty healthy too as you can see! 



This nice little breakfast cost me $20.WTF? Totally ripping me off because they know I'm too lazy to walk  2.5 hours back to the lobby and outside to find a place that would serve me the same for six bucks.


But the gorgeous views really made up for how expensive everything was. At one point I could've sworn we were in Jurassic Park when Eddie and I got lost inside one of the atrium jungles.


Omg, this was such a perfect place to get married!If I wasn't already married I would have gotten married right then and there.


I had to look really good one night for a large event at the hotel where several thousand people from the HP convention were attending so I got my hair and makeup done at the hotel's salon. Loved the hair!! Eddie's coworker said I looked like the hot Jewish girl from "Date Night" who slept with Mark Wahlberg lol.


The Gaylord was even more stunning at night time.That's a sushi restaurant in the middle of the lobby. Honestly I wouldn't trust a sushi place in the south. What do they know about making sushi? They should stick to apple pies and fried chicken IMO. Do what you do best!!


After the HP event, a bunch of us took a bus to downtown Nashville to a Blues bar. Why did we not go to a country bar you may ask? It's Nashville after all, home of country music. Well, I was on a bus full of country music haters (including me) so we unanimously decided that blues was one step up from country.


Cool light photo during the bus ride :) 

After a fun filled (and busy for my husband) week in Tennessee,  we flew to Orlando, FL to see Eddie's favorite singer of all time, Pink.

I was never a fan of Pink but let me tell you, after watching her in concert, I have an all new respect for her amazing talents. She does some aerial stuff that I do. And I have a hard time breathing when I perform those moves and she did all of my movies while singing live the entire time. Seriously have no clue how she does it. Props to her!


No comments:

Bookmarking